As a leader in our community who strives to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in public systems, Excelsior Wellness is
committed to change systems from within for racial and ethnic minorities pursuing advanced degrees in criminal justice,
education, and healthcare. We believe a diverse workforce is necessary to realize the potential in any professional field,
especially the helping professions.
Excelsior will provide selected applicants with a scholarship award for the 2022-2023 school year during which the applicant must
- Enrolled, or is accepted for enrollment, as a full-time or part-time student in an accredited educational institution within
the United States.
- Enrolled or accepted into an advanced degree program in Healthcare, Behavioral Health (Mental Health or Substance
Use), Criminal Justice, Education or related degree.
- Applications and supporting documentation are due by midnight, August 26, 2022.
- Announcement of grant awardees will occur the second week of September 2022.
- Applications are being accepted through this online form link. We recommend typing out answers on a separate word
document before copying and pasting them into the online form. Each numbered question below has a maximum word
count of 1200.
- What are your academic and/or career goals? What motivates you to pursue them?
- What does it mean for you to have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion? How would you see
yourself demonstrating this commitment in your professional career?
- In your experience, what challenges do historically underrepresented groups encounter in finishing their
education successfully? What approaches have you taken to overcome these challenges, and how effective
- How will a scholarship from Excelsior help you overcome financial barriers or assist in your
- Newly accepted students will be required to provide a letter of acceptance and continuing students will need to provide
verification of enrollment. (Must upload documents at the end of the online form).
- Excelsior may select up to 15 applications for awards up to $5,000.
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Grant applications will be reviewed by the grantmaking committee (made up of Excelsior Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Council, Leadership, and other staff members.)
- If approved, an award letter will be sent with follow-up instructions. Funding will be dispersed directly to the institution the
student is enrolled or accepted to.
If you have questions, seek clarification or need support with your application, please email: DEIScholarship@excelsiorwellness.org.